sábado, 22 de enero de 2011

I wish I could

If I knew Tom Petty and I could talk to him for hours, I would ask him a lot of questions in exactly the same way than Paul Zollo did. 'Conversations with Tom Petty' is a book which contains every question a fan would ask to his hero, and, of course, all the answers to those questions by the living legend of rock&roll Tom Petty.
Despite I highly recommend this book to every music fan, I don't want to write a review or something like that. This time I just want to express the feeling that that book awoke on me. Because I don't know if I am a bit weird, but if everybody who reads this book gets the same sensations when they finish it, just go and buy it.
Because it is so inspirational...It's the story of a man that the only thing he wanted was to be a rock star. He didn't care anything else, he just wanted to be in a a rock band. And he did. He knew no music. He never took guitar classes. He couldn't read a a staff. He had no money at all. The only thing he had was a guitar and the passion for music. And with this determination, he decided to build his own path to his dream, and he didn't surrender till he succeeded.
And that's why I found it inspirational, because in those times of depression, that's what everybody should do. Don't be afraid. Don't try to get or do what you are supposed to. Don't try to follow the safest path, because even you get to the end, it'll be  the easiest one. And even you succeed, it'll be a coward success, and you will wonder the rest of your life 'what if I would have fought for what I really wanted?'. And even you think that everything is difficult, and the life gets worse, you can't achieve your dream if you don't fight for it. And Tom Petty knew it. I bet that when he was 15 and he told everybody he wanted to be a rock star, they laughed at him. Now, he is the leader of one of the best bands in the Rock&roll history, and every time he goes up to the stage, there's a crowd waiting for him. He just fought for what he believed, and he showed everybody that he was right. And he played with Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, George Harrison, Stevie Nicks, Lindsey Buckinham, Bo Didley, Ringo Starr, and many many others. And after all that, and I could figure it out after reading the book, he is proud of himself. So proud that he would want to encourage everybody to do the same he did. And probably that's why he sings on one of his most memorable songs "even the losers get lucky sometimes".





2 comentarios:

  1. I haven't had a chance to read this book, but what you wrote really grabbed my attention! It got me thinking a lot about my life! Btw, nice song ;)

    ResponderEliminar